Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A priest best friend is gone...


It’s hard to say the words without a Little bit of sadness, my friend is gone, a few days ago he died from complications of the same disease that almost killed me years ago, pneumonia… it is hard to find a friend, let alone a good friend, even harder to find a best friend, but this friend of mine happened to be a priest.

Every person in this world is against powers that want your ruin, powers who will push you against the ropes, push their agenda each day on you either hard or subtlety, but when you find the right person, fighting like you against those powers to save people and reach to God for your salvation is nothing short than a miracle, when that person happens to be your Pastor, you Thank God for the one in a trillion gift of having a priest as your best friend.

Rev. Edward Wal was such, battled pro-homosexual Bishop Robert Lynch in many ways and perhaps losing many of those because Lynch was his boss and he had a vow of obedience, my fiend never revealed to me any of the things gay-happy Bishop Lynch did to him, but I was sure it was a crucifixion, a carnage, a straight forward lynching.

Eddy received from friendly Bishops a message of protection, telling him to flee such a perverse Judas and get safety within their holy wings, but father Wal didn’t do it, he stayed behind, it didn’t matter the spies in his own Church alerting Lynch on everything he did or say, it was many times he was called on to the “Bishop” for some “charges” that were later dropped, I guess he embraced his own Pharisee tribunal and received happily the excoriation.

Father Wal wasn’t a perfect man but he was trying to be, he was born in Poland, suffered the communist era, he describe it as a “bad time”, he loved Peru, I mean he beloved every second living in Peru and their lovely cuisine, unfortunately priests have to move around and they switch him to St Petersburg Florida and a few years later we met.

He was happy to build a senile residence in the Church’s property, he wanted to start a program about having mass through some technology, for sick and senile people of his Church… he wanted a bilingual youth group in which he tapped me for it, but I failed him on that and other things as well, like sustaining a Mercy Chaplet community, which now looking back I messed it up out of my laziness and personal problems building up.

But that’s an excuse… Fr. Wal never retired his friendship from me; he loved my entire family including my dog who he called “precious”

We prayed together, went to restaurants together, took me to some of his favorite places to contemplate man made things, we talked about the crisis within the Church a lot and I enjoyed his presence each time at my house and he invited us to his to eat some polish dish, it was awesome.

Regarding false prophet Francis, at the beginning he didn’t want to hear it, “write to him if you’re not happy with his reign” he once said to me with his frown lit up, his displeasure of me about my position with Francis was evident… all it took for him to change his mind about Francis was Francis fruits as he was changing the praxis all around and it was pretty clear such fruits were against Christ teachings.

I kept asking Eddy for a Latin mass in his Church which he always refused, even though, he knew he didn’t need his bishop’s approval, but he also knew that doing so would opened a can of worms he didn’t need as pro-gay/uncatholic “bishop” Lynch was resigning and a new Bishop, he didn’t need Lynch’s mordor eye fixed on him once more.

I remember him telling me about a thing in the Church it happened within priests one day; a gathering of priests took place and a priest friend of his was there (Fr. Eddy wasn’t), this friend of his talked among his peers about doing this and that, all things catholic… well his peers looked at each other then said to his friend:

“The problem is Father; you believe in all such catholic things, we don’t…”

Eddy told me how sad and concerned this priest friend of his was with such liberal thinking, “not believing in Catholicism”, he told me those who did believe were trying to stay together within the horrible reign of Judas Lynch in St Petersburg and how their voices were squashed time and time again by their un-catholic peers backed by Lynch.

Father Eddy had an early development school in his Church, and Lynch closed the school out of lack of money earnings, but a young un-catholic priest at Sacred Heart, who was blessing divorce and remarried couples at his church, never got his school terminated even though the earnings of that school were less than Eddy’s school, but Lynch’s pals were being backed and conservatives were being scorned.

Eddy suffered a lot from a man who paid 150,000 dollars to settle a gay sexual harassment, who dismissed the miracle image of Clearwater, and who once infamously said that “homosexuality can be holy”, and yes he was referring about gay couples inside the Church.

Father Eddy was my priest, but he also was my best friend, I wished I could switch places with him so he could continue preaching about our Lord’s beautiful Mercy and Justice, Eddy loved Justice, too much sometimes for my taste, and I will miss Him dearly… I pray he’s in Heaven enjoying Jesus Holy face and I say I hope because priests have a small chance to get to Heaven, because they are Judged harder than anyone else.

Eddy’s quote to me each time was: “Ralphie be good, because we are few”…

I hope you ever have the chance of having a priest as best friend, having a Pastor and at the same time best friend is a luxury I never thought I would get, but my Lord is sweet and again I hope you get that grace and you’ll know what I’m talking about, you’ll need a good priest near you, as the anti-church is eclipsing everything and the bad today feels as good and that’s troubling.

May you rest in peace my sweet friend, may the Lord give you eternity and His Love and for all of you out there please pray a Hail Mary for the soul of my best friend Fr. Edward Wal.

God bless you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment